January 26, 2021
Upon entering another staff meeting, online space, or professional development session later in the 2020-2021 school year, no one says a word.
- Silence to think and process.
- Silence to reflect and learn.
- Silence to pause and feel this moment.
At the front of the room, there’s one prompt:
- What is something you’re persevering through lately?
- What are you learning in this journey?
- What do you need to overcome and move forward?
At the front of the room, the agenda is posted:
- First 45 Minutes:
- Consider these questions.
- Reflect on your journey.
- Write about it. Record a video about it.
- Curate and cite related and supporting resources.
- Post your reflection on your professional portfolio (website).
- Last 15 Minutes:
- Read and comment on one teammate reflection.
- Read and comment on a different grade/dept reflection.
- Read and comment on one support staff or administrator reflection.
Go in peace.
Blogger’s Note: This post was adapted from Upon Reflection: The Best PD.