December 29, 2021
- Formative opportunities are intentionally lower-cased to be lower-stakes.
- SUMMATIVE assessment is upper-cased because IT’S FOR A GRADE!
- Several formative opportunities precede one summative assessment.
- Inferring formative quantity might authenticate summative quality.
- Formative opportunities before, during, after summative assessment.
- Summative assessments are formative learning opportunities.
- Formative opportunities are lifelong learning opportunities.
- Formative thinking might better align with standards-based grading.
- Summative thinking might better align with percentage-based grading.
- Formative opportunities are a playground.
- Summative assessments are a graveyard.
- Processes leads to product. Process > Product.
- Parts + Parts = Whole.
1-Teachers Demonstrate Leadership, 2-Teachers Establish a Respectful Environment for a Diverse Population of Students, 3-Teachers Know the Content They Teach, 4-Teachers Facilitate Learning for Their Students, 5-Teachers Reflect on Their Practice, NCSSE 1-Strategic Leadership, NCSSE 2-Instructional Leadership